The results of breast surgery, or your feelings about your results, can change over the years. Even after careful planning and a successful surgical procedure, complications can arise or you may change your mind about your ideal breast size.
Secondary breast surgery is performed to address a variety of issues, from repairing complications or improving the results from a prior surgery to a complete breast reconstruction.
If you are considering secondary breast surgery in the Nanaimo area of Central Vancouver Island or nearby community, please contact Synergy Medical Aesthetics today online or at 250-591-1566 to schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Barnsley.
Common Reasons for Secondary Breast Surgery
The majority of women who undergo breast surgery are pleased with their results. Dr. Barnsley sees patients who want breast revision surgery for a number of reasons. Some of the most common reasons for secondary breast surgery include:
- Capsular contracture (scar tightening around the implant)
- Desire to change breast size
- Irregularity of the nipple
- Drooping, sagging or laxity
- Contour irregularity
- Shifting of the implant or implant malposition
- Implant leak or deflation
Your Secondary Breast Surgery
Secondary breast surgeries are complex and often more challenging than the original surgery in terms of predictable results. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Philip Barnsley has a wealth of experience in performing secondary breast surgeries. He has a proven record of successful procedures and always strives to provide exceptional results in these complicated surgeries.
To ensure the best results possible, Dr. Barnsley prefers to use the same incision as the original surgery in order to minimize scars on the breast. With revision surgery, he frequently recommends a breast lift as well, and therefore a scar around the areola is used.
Why Choose Dr. Barnsley for Your Secondary Breast Surgery?
If you are disappointed with a prior breast augmentation procedure or are experiencing complications, it’s crucial to choose your revision breast surgeon carefully. When you choose Dr. Barnsley for your secondary breast surgery, you can expect:
- Knowledge: Dr. Barnsley is a board-certified plastic surgeon, which signifies that he has undergone extensive training and testing in the field of plastic surgery. He is certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- Experience: Dr. Barnsley has performed a vast array of secondary breast procedures for a wide range of complications and aesthetic goals.
- Individualized care: As with any plastic surgery procedure, your goals and characteristics are unique. Dr. Barnsley takes to time to understand what you want to change about your breasts and what you hope to accomplish from your secondary procedure. He will answer your questions and thoroughly explain what you can realistically expect from your surgery. Trust and communication are key in establishing realistic expectations and results you can be proud of.
Schedule Your Secondary Breast Surgery Consultation Today
To learn more about how Dr. Barnsley can help you with secondary breast surgery, please contact Synergy Medical Aesthetics today by completing the form on this page or calling 250-591-1566 to schedule a consultation. Our office in Nanaimo proudly welcomes patients from throughout Central Vancouver Island.